Suite 8, 249 Stud Road,
Wantirna South, Victoria 3152
Telephone: 9887 0888
Dear SDG patients,
COVID-19 UPDATE- Resriction has eased off to Level 1
As a dental clinic, we wish to inform you that we now have moved back to level 1 restrictions, effective immediately from 28th September as advised by the federal ADA on the advice of the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee
This positive move is designed taking into consideration the following key objectives:
- Proportionate, pre-planned response to the possible escalation of COVID-19 based on the evolving community which will allow treatment of patients beyond emergencies as outlined in the ADA framework for COVID-19.
- Staged restriction of dental services to reduce transmission risks for COVID-19
- Avoidance of likely burden on medical and primary care and emergency services should access to urgent dental care cease.
While the easing of these restrictions is great news, we will continue to take all precautions for the safety of our patients and staff members. Therefore, treatments of patients identified with risks will be deferred and referred to the ADA discussion tree.
Please see below the guide in reference ADA level 1 restrictions in the dental field.
What does this mean?
This means that we will be covering all facets of dental treatment including:
- General check ups, cleans and consultations
- Restorations (fillings)
- Crowns and bridge work
- Orthodontic treatment
- Endodontic (root canal) treatment
- Simple and surgical extractions
- Periodontic treatment
- Implant surgery
- Prosthedontic work
- General anaesthtic procedures
Please remember when attending your appointment at Studfield Dental Group:
- Please call the clinic on arrival and wait in your car to minimise the amount of patients in the waiting room at one time
- Temperature checks on arrival
- Sanitisation of hands on arrival, this also applies to your departure after your appointment
We will continue to screen all patients over the phone upon making dental appointments using standard precautions for people who do not meet epidemological and clinical risk factors for COVID-19 infection transmission.
We would like to inform you that our safety precautions have not been eased off. Our clinic provides proper PPE including face sheilds and level 3 masks to wear during dental procedures. Sanitisation of the clinic is constant and throughout the day. We further introduced the use of UV lights throughout the surgeries and waiting room after business hours to minimise virus and bacteria as an extra precaution.
We would like to thank you for your patience through this difficult time and we will work together to maintain your oral health as best as we can.
Dr Michael Kotsifakis and the team at Studfield Dental Group