Quality Dentures in Wantirna
Get the smile you deserve with personalised dentures!
Table of Contents
- How Dentures Can Help You?
- Ideal Candidates For Dentures?
- Types Of Dentures
- The Dentures Process
- Cost of Dentures in Wantirna
- How To Look After Your Dentures?
- How Long Do Dentures Last?
- Why Choose SDG For Your Dentures?
Are you looking for the best quality dentures in Wantirna?. Dentures are removable, artificial teeth that are used to replace all or a few missing teeth. This is a more affordable alternative for people who don’t want to go down the path of implants. At SGD Dental Wantirna, we have a team of experienced dentists and onsite dental prosthetists ready to identify your unique dental needs and supply you with high-quality dentures.
How exactly do dentures help you?
Dentures aren’t just an aesthetic solution for missing teeth. Left untreated, missing teeth can be quite detrimental to your oral health! If you have healthy teeth remaining, these will gradually lean and tilt towards any gaps made by missing teeth, creating an opportunity for further decay.
The loss of teeth can also change your facial structure, causing it to droop while affecting your ability to eat and talk. Without teeth, your gums will take the brunt of any chewing, which can be quite painful over time.
How do dentures help? Dentures are a set of fully functional artificial teeth made out of acrylic, designed to look natural, feel comfortable and restore your ability to eat and speak.
Am I eligible for Dentures?
You are an ideal candidate for dentures if you suffer from single or multiple tooth loss or if you are missing all of your teeth. This can even apply to some of our younger patients who suffer from severe gum disease, tooth decay or other dental abnormalities. During your initial consultation, our dental team will examine your oral health and determine the treatment best suited for you.
If you’re wondering whether you need dentures, talk to our friendly team today.
What are the Types Of Dentures in Wantirna?
At SDG Dental, we offer a range of dental options and follow-up treatments for your dentures including:
HOW DO DENTURES WORK?
After an initial consultation to determine the best treatment options for you, our dentist will take impressions of your mouth to create perfectly fitted dentures tailored to your smile.
While immediate dentures can be manufactured and inserted on the same day as the extraction of your teeth, conventional dentures will take up to 2 to 3 weeks to create. They will also be inserted only after your gums have healed from any extraction or surgical procedures.
It’s not uncommon to experience slight irritation during the initial adjusting period. To have your dentures perfectly & comfortably fitted, you can have your dentures further adjusted during the healing process throughout 2 or more sessions.
What are the Benefits of Dentures
- Restored functionality: Dentures help restore essential oral functions such as chewing, biting and speaking effectively.
- Enhanced appearance: Dentures can improve the aesthetic aspects of one’s smile, contributing to a more natural and appealing look.
- Speech improvement: Perfectly fitted dentures help with more clearer and articulate speech.
- Versatility: Dentures are a versatile tooth replacement option, suitable for various degrees of tooth loss.
- Custom-made: Dentures provide a comfortable fit as they are custom-made to match each individual’s mouth and requirements.
- Ease of maintenance: Dentures are easy to clean and maintain, promoting good oral hygiene.
- Boost in confidence and self-esteem: Dentures can significantly enhance an individual’s confidence by restoring their smile and the ability to engage in social interactions.
- Preservation of your facial structure: Dentures help maintain the natural contours of the face, preventing sagging and preserving the overall facial structure.
Get your custom-fitted dentures at SDG
What is the Cost of Dentures in Wantirna?
The cost of dentures usually varies from person to person. It is best to book a consult with one of our experienced dentists to discuss this. Once you schedule your initial consultation at SDG Dental, we’ll be able to give you a proper treatment plan and option/s that best work with your needs.
Denture Aftercare Advice
While you’ll be advised to wear your dentures almost constantly in the first few weeks, we then recommend removing them before you sleep at night to give your gums a resting period. Any kind of dentures will need to be cleaned daily, much like regular teeth! Here’s what you need to do:
- Remove your dentures and run water over them to dislodge food particles.
- Avoid regular toothpaste and toothbrushes as this can damage the dentures. Instead use a soft bristled toothbrush designed specifically for cleaning dentures.
- Don’t forget to clean your gums with a soft toothbrush and fluoridated toothpaste. You can also rub your gums by wrapping your finger in a soft washcloth as an alternative.
- When removing your dentures for the night, clean them with a soft toothbrush and rinse them under warm soapy water. Submerge them fully in water to prevent them from drying out and getting damaged. Denture soaking and cleansing solutions are recommended and this will be explained to you by your dental team.
With proper care and attention, you can make your dentures last longer. At the same time, keep in mind that it can take a few days for you to get used to wearing dentures. While you adjust to it, here are a few things you can do that can help you adapt:
- Eat soft foods like yogurt, oatmeal and soups.
- Chew using both sides of your mouth to distribute pressure evenly. This helps keep the denture in position.
- Cut your food down into smaller portions.
- Rinse your mouth and dentures with water after meals.
How long do dentures last?
Dentures can last up to 5 to 6 years before needing to be replaced. They will gradually wear out over the years and your mouth will change shape therefore, your dentures will need to be remade or relined to be comfortable and safe. This varies for individual patients in terms of their biology, medical background, dietary habits and maintenance.,
Why Choose SDG for your dentures?
Expert Dental Professionals
We have a team of experienced dental professionals, constantly furthering their skills to be the finest in the industry.
Advanced Treatment & Technology
Your dental treatments couldn’t be in safer hands thanks to our state-of-the-art facilities and advanced procedures.
Enjoy a stress-free experience at SDG, where our priority is to make sure our patients are comfortable and relaxed.